Copyrighted Material Notice

©2024 Lucia De Giovanni. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.

January 22, 2017

Cruising Life

It's true.  I had never been on a cruise.  So, when the opportunity came to do a little Bahamas cruise in the middle of Winter, I jumped on it.  I also don't really "vacation", as most of my trips are business related, or I'm touring.  But, hey, new year, new life, right?  

Philadelphia, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Nassau, Coco Cay, Key West, Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Philadelphia.  In less than one week.  Because... vacation. (Kinda reminded me of my touring days a little, not gonna lie)

Went from a chilly 30F to a wonderful 80F in less than a day, and I was in Heaven.   My hair, thanks to humidity at 77%, not so much.  But that's what hats are for.

I decided not to take my beloved cameras and stick it out with my iPhone and my trusty X100T, so this is a mix of photos taken with only these two.  I wanted to take in the experience, learn what it felt like to get my sea legs again, and keep my focus on the moment, breathe it in, remember it with my mind.  I really didn't take many photos at all, too busy eating myself stupid, gorging on fresh fruit and multiple salads a day, giving my body whatever it needed whenever it needed it, including a nap on the balcony in the middle of the day, because... vacation.  

I hope you'll enjoy seeing these little snapshots of a fun, relaxing week that was much, much needed, and you will feel and see what I experienced.  Tomorrow, back to food photography and a great work week.  Today, coffee and memories.

xoxo





























SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig