Copyrighted Material Notice

©2024 Lucia De Giovanni. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.

July 07, 2017

Home is Where The Heart Is


The concept of "home" is one that I have, for years, struggled with.  Touring, living out of a suitcase on a tour bus or hotel, has taught me the transient nature of being somewhere and sharing that moment with a group of people who become very close for that span of time.  Then, life goes on.  On to the next tour, the next city, the next group of people who feel the way you do.  But then... I took a break, an extended break from it all, to deal with my health and to really take a look at my life.

I moved from Pennsylvania to Maryland, in search of the next chapter.  I felt uneasy, selling a beautiful house I curated with things from all my travels, and into the unknown.  I lived in a series of small studios, most of my stuff in storage, thinking about the next place to call home.  I met some wonderful people, let go of others, and learned from it all.

Then one day, as I'm going through an editing marathon, I receive a message from a dear friend who, a while back, extended an open invitation to stay at his home if I was ever going back to visit Colorado.  It simply said "Where is 'home' in your heart" - I had no hesitation in my reply.  "Colorado".   "Come home" he wrote.  Everything made sense in those two words.

I started to look at photos I took at my happiest time, in my happiest place.






I made the decision and everything flowed, as it was meant to be.

This was my view last night



And with a heart full of gratitude for my dear friends who made this such an easy process, this was my view this morning


So, dear friends, with immense happiness in my heart, I am glad to announce that I have come home.  I moved back to Colorado and I'm here to stay.  I look forward to seeing you at the next concert, having dinners, photoshoots, birthdays, weddings, births and helping each other through life - I love you, I truly do, and I have missed you.  I never want to miss you again.

Who's up for coffee?


SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Welcome back.. may you find much happiness and peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Mike Riedy and I will be playing kickball with some fun folks starting late July, come play with us if that sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I expect to see you a bunch at shows

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm up for coffee! Welcome home, Lucia! 💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Welcome back to 300 days of sunshine. I can't wait to see you. A

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome HOME....I AM A NATIVE AND HEAR THE CALL ...♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving to hear you're back home! I'd love to grab a coffee sometime. I work in Boulder now, for Naropa University, so if you're up that way some day reach out! Got a lot of things going on with the Denverthread... would love to see you! Welcome home!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig