Copyrighted Material Notice

©2024 Lucia De Giovanni. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.

January 14, 2017

Chances Are...

Well, hello there 2017 - chances are that you're reading this and you're in a funk.  Well, I was, anyway, so I thought maybe others would be as well.  The Holidays always do a number on me - creatively, taking an extended break is akin to inviting ALL the doubts to come in, have a drink, spend the next week on your couch, mocking you.  Picking up where you left off means kicking Mr. Doubt and its extended family out and trust you'll be just fine.  Usually, a camera is staring at me, wondering when that will happen.  It took me almost 2 weeks, but the muse found me again.  I got excited about 2017 in ways that I hadn't felt in years - I kinda hibernated for a bit, thinking things through, and, truth be told, sick with the mother of all colds.  I started to write again, and ideas for projects, shoots and travel started to flow on paper, like, whoa, easy, let my pen catch up to my thoughts there!  I actually couldn't keep up with all of them.  So, if you are in a funk, may I suggest you pick up your pen and paper, because your mind is just waiting to let it all out, in ways that will surprise you, inspire you and guide you.  And after, I promise you will feel like you are read to kick Mr. Doubt to the curb (if you're reading this and your last name is Doubt, I am not talking about you, literally, but hey, I'm sure you've heard them all by now, no doubt - I can't help myself).

Here's to feeling re-energized, able to breathe through my nose again, and surrounded by food that makes me swoon.  Like this little trio.




Oh, and what do you think about the new logo for 2017?  Thought I'd sneak that one in...

xoxo,
LDG
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig