Copyrighted Material Notice

©2024 Lucia De Giovanni. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.

April 05, 2013

My Life Project

A few years ago I started the "My Life Project", a series of last portraits of people in hospice care or advanced in age.  I wanted to be able to give the families a portrait of their loved ones and help somehow with the inevitable feelings of loss and grief.  
I still receive heartfelt letters from relatives to let me know how much they love having these memories, and how it helped them with the grieving process.  Photography has power.  When I look at the paparazzi frenzy in the entertainment news, I cringe.  So, no matter how hard it is at times, I decided a while back to continue this project and maybe inspire a new generation of socially conscious photographers.  There is so much good in the world...





There are close to 200 photoshoots, 200 new friends, 200 lives.  Looking forward to 200 more.  

If you'd like to see a video of the first portraits, here's a LINK

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig