Copyrighted Material Notice

©2024 Lucia De Giovanni. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.

August 20, 2016

Solitude

No big secret here, I'm a loner.  I always seek solitude, a quiet space, and find comfort in knowing I have a peaceful mind that calms me if I ever feel stressed out.  I don't enjoy group activities, and even when I was little, I preferred to play sports that relied on the individual rather than a team.  The thought of sitting in a conference room for a brainstorming session is foreign to me, because a pen, my Moleskin journal and a good coffee shop is all I need to come up with any solution.  So, no wonder I picked a solitary career - even when I'm in the middle of a packed arena, I'm alone, with my mind, my eyes, my camera, my zone.

Lately it's been a different kind of solitude, one that is a bit more forced than chosen, one that seems a bit off at times.  And yet, one that is bringing creativity to another level.  I've never had this much silence before, unless I was on retreat, and the chance to really explore where Life is guiding me seems to bring new color into my thoughts.  Because really, my photos are my thoughts for everyone to see.  How does it feel?  Scary as hell.  I just sat on the steps for a while before writing this - contemplating it all, and the feeling of always being the outsider is a strangely comforting one.  Because despite all, I'm willing to get up every morning to do it all over again, and every day is a chance to do something that makes a difference.  Even when that difference is only known to you.

So, if you're ever feeling like you don't belong, like you're an outsider, excluded, blah blah blah, shrug your shoulders and use the time to go a little deeper.  You might be surprised at all the colors you find.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig