Copyrighted Material Notice

©2024 Lucia De Giovanni. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.

March 11, 2013

SXSW

I have a seriously weird relationship with SXSW.  Every year I say it's my last, and then... well... it isn't.  This year though I decided not to go to Austin.  Which, and here comes the weird part, makes me miss being there.   You see, for those of us in the press or working the festival, SXSW is not as much fun as being there just to enjoy music or film.  I don't particularly enjoy walking around in the rain, or muggy weather with my 25lbs gear backpack, or having to go through a sea of drunk teens to get to a stage.  Or the last minute change of hotel, because my room got double booked.  You get the point, it's a madhouse... A madhouse that I'm kinda missing today, so I went through some old blog posts and realized I never even posted any of last year's work, I was too busy shooting, editing and sending in the photos as soon as I could.  

So, I'm a little late, but here goes - last year I was at SXSW to work with LIVE, Candlebox and The Gracious Few.  LIVE had a surprise show lined up at Antone's and word got out, which meant a bit of a reworking my plan of visiting with musicians I know and staying put at the venue so I could try to figure out how to shoot in what would now be a super-packed venue where I did not have a pit.  I did, however, go for a cup of coffee and here's some of my SXSW scenery.  Hope you enjoy it, and now that I look back, I am smiling and happy such a great festival celebrating music exists.  
























SHARE:

1 comment

  1. That's too bad you didn't go this year. I want to go one of these years.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig