Copyrighted Material Notice

©2024 Lucia De Giovanni. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.

March 12, 2013

Australia

One of my favorite places in the world is Australia.  I lived there in 2010 when I was hired to photograph the book Amongst Sisters.  I took more than 3000 photos, most while working, but some when I traveled a little up the coast from Sydney to Byron Bay.  Needless to say, it took me months to choose the ones for the book, edit them, submit to editor, and eventually get them ready for publishing, and totally neglected my personal work.  While I was going through my archives to find what I shot at SXSW last year, I came across all my film scans and digital files of photos I took just for fun while in Australia.  Yes, I do take photos for fun, it is a very different process for me than when I have an agenda, and I pay no attention to what I am "supposed" to get, rather I focus on what keeps my attention for more than two seconds.   I like to take a deep breath, and find a peaceful, calming view  that I can refer to over and over when I need it.  It's my meditation.  




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig